Before we get into this CBD Golden Milk recipe, let’s dive into the world of CBD or hemp oil. Cannabidiol, or CBD, is a chemical compound in marijuana. CBD is the most abundant non-psychoactive cannabinoid found in cannabis. THC is the other most prominent cannabinoid found in cannabis, however, THC will get you high while CBD will not.
Golden Milk Lattes are slightly spiced, warm, rich in flavor, silky, and much like a turmeric version of a chai latte. This CBD Golden Milk Latte is all of that with some CBD drops added.
Tis the season for sipping on something warm and healthy in a cozy knit sweater. Golden Milk + CBD.
Prep Time 10 minutes
- 1 can full fat coconut milk, shaken or 1.5 cups plant based milk of choice (almond, hemp)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 whole ceylon cinnamon stick or large pinch ground cinnamon
- 2 whole cardamom pods lightly bruised
- 4 whole black peppercorns or pinch ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons golden syrup or maple syrup
- 3-4 drops CBD Oil optional
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
To make this CBD Golden Milk, use a saucepan set over low heat. Add in the can of coconut milk and whisk it until smooth.
Then add the ground spices of turmeric and ginger. Then whisk again.
Next, add the remaining ingredients except for the CBD oil.
Allow this golden milk to steep for about 10 minutes. Do not allow it to come to a boil. It should be only be below a simmer the whole time
Remove from the heat and strain into a mug to remove the cinnamon stick and other whole spices. Then finish by stirring in your CBD oil.
Then serve immediately in a large mug and enjoy.
If using light coconut milk, please be sure to add an extra 1 tablespoon coconut oil!b
Credit: by Ritzy Mom