WPE is a family run business that has been actively involved in all aspects of the industry; part of that is the breeding side which they have been doing for over 30 years. With this knowledge comes the ability to educate correctly and provide the right products. WPE have added some other herbal blends that have been used for centuries that really make our products unique and make us stand out from the crowd.
WHO ARE WE!
There are 3 different derivative’s of Cannabis; Sativa, Indica & Ruderlais. Breeders/seed companies have created many different hybrids of these over the years, all for different reasons some prefer higher sativa than indica, others like it the other way round.
THC is a cannabinoid which is illegal in most countries. Hemp has had most of THC bred out of it, it does contain a small trace that would have no effect.
- Sativa – grows tall and thin with narrow leaves
- Indica – is short and dense with wide dark leaves
- Ruderlais is an auto flowering plant which means it has a shorter growing period and is smaller in stature.
- Hemp – is a derivative of Cannabis Sativa, but it no longer contains as much THC as it was bred out years ago. It has been grown for fibre, fabrics, paper, rope and used as a food supplement. This is not a new fact depending where you get your sources but it can be traced back to 373 BC. It has been outlawed by countries on and off throughout history.
- CBD in most countries is the only legal cannabinoid out of 100+ in cannabis.
- CBD is non-psychoactive, which means it does not get you high.
- The higher ratio of CBD is more beneficial for you.
To note there are so many more cannabinoids and compounds that are in Cannabis and lot that have not yet been discovered or understood what their functions are. The hot topic in mainstream media right now is CBD.
It is important to understand that the whole plant is more beneficial to you as it contains not only the different cannabinoids, but terpenes! Terpenes are naturally occurring in cannabis plants (and also in all mainstream plant species), they contain isoprene, terpenes are also what gives you the aroma/smell and they too ensure your well being. Terpenes work in harmony with your endocannabinoid system.
To note there are different terpenes in all strains, depending what they have been breed with.
Endocannabinoids are a biochemical communication network of hormones and cell receptors found in the human body and animals, known as CB1 and CB2, that play a vital role in the bodies systems from either underperforming or overacting.
This is a very complex topic and we suggest if you want to learn more do your own research, we can’t link to other sites because of the claims it makes.