Pineapple express arborio rice pudding
prep time: 15 minutes
cook time: 30-45 minutes
total THC: depends on products used
total CBD: depends on products used
yield: 6-8 portions
saucepan, wooden spoon or whisk, rasp, rubber spatula, squat 8oz mason jars or bowls for serving
4 cups magical coconut milk or almond milk
1 tbsp pure vanilla extract (cannabis vanilla is great to use)
1 tsp micro plane grated fresh ginger
1 cup organic cane sugar (cannabis sugar, maple syrup or agave are also great to use)
1/2 vanilla bean (split + scraped)
1 tsp sea salt
1 1/2 cups organic arborio rice
1 can full fat coconut milk (14ozs)
1 tbsp non-gmo cornstarch
3 drops true terpenes pineapple express profile
How to make it:
– In a large saucepan combine the coconut milk, almond milk, water (reserving 3 tbsp), sugar, salt, vanilla extract, scraped vanilla bean, ginger and rice.
– Simmer over moderate heat, stirring constantly until the rice is tender and suspended in a thick creamy sauce, about 35 minutes or so.
– Make a slurry out of the cornstarch and some of the canned coconut milk.
– Stir in the full fat coconut milk and the cornstarch slurry and simmer an additional 20-25 minutes or so, stirring constantly.
– Make sure the rice is done or at least to the tooth.
– Let cool at room temp for 15 minutes.
– Spoon into your desired serving dish and chill overnight. (some choose to eat the pudding when its still warm)
– Garnish with your choice of diced fresh pineapple, pomegranate seeds, full fat coconut milk drizzle, dried pineapple chip, dried persimmon chips and fresh mint leaves.
By Chef Sebastian Carosi
@chef_sebastian_carosi on Instagram
@chefcarosi on Twitter
@CHEFcarosi on the weedtube
Published by Chef Sebastian Carosi in Weed World Magazine Issue 145